THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2015
THE SPONSORSHIP BOOT CAMP
The sponsorship landscape is constantly evolving. Companies are no longer content with just brand awareness. They want to connect with audiences in ways that build trust and loyalty. They want to leverage online media. Organizations that are stuck in the Gold, Silver, Bronze “metal level” game are being passed over. Smart sponsors are gravitating towards more meaningful partnerships that demonstrate how their brand is an important element of the audience experience.
This one-day workshop is a condensed version of CEPSM’s highly acclaimed two-day Designing and Selling Your Sponsorship Program, which has helped hundreds of professionals take a more strategic approach towards sponsorships by sharing a process that has been used to generate more than $30 million in sponsorship revenues.
Whether you are new to the sponsorship game or want to take a fresh look at your current program, this one-day program will give you a better understanding the sponsorship environment and the core elements you need in place in order to capitalize on increased corporate investment.
You will learn how to:
- Align your sponsorship program with today's corporate priorities;
- Identify and package your sponsorship assets;
- Determine the baseline value of your sponsorship offerings;
- Build social media and other audience engagement elements into your sponsorship proposals;
- Leverage your organization's brand and unique selling proposition;
- Prepare effective sales collateral;
- Effectively promote your sponsorship opportunities;
- Identify, make contact and build relationships with prospects;
- Prepare compelling proposals;
- Negotiate win-win agreements;
- Retain sponsors and other corporate partners;
- Prepare professional agreements;
- Build an internal culture that supports your sponsorship program.
Educational content will be combined with exercises and discussions to make for a fast-paced and lively workshop. At the end of the workshop, you will have a clear understanding of the steps you need to take to increase your sponsorship revenue potential.
The Sponsorship Boot Camp is preceded by Sponsorship Toronto, which will be held on November 3-4 at the same venue. Sponsorship Toronto is Canada's premier professional development conference for sponsorship marketers from all sectors and represents an unrivalled opportunity for you to extend your new-found practical insights into the overall sponsorship marketplace.
To learn more about Sponsorship Toronto, click here.
About Bernie Colterman
Prior to starting his own firm in 1996, Bernie Colterman spent 10 years in the municipal recreation environment and another 7 years as Manager of Marketing and Event Services at Ottawa's Lansdowne Park, one of Canada's busiest multi-purpose venues, where he raised over 1 million dollars annually in sponsorships to support City-funded programs.
As Managing Partner of the Centre of Excellence for Public Sector Marketing (CEPSM), Bernie specializes in helping the government and not-for-profit sectors take a more strategic approach toward corporate partnerships and other revenue generation models. Bernie's Designing and Selling Your Sponsorship Program, Advanced Sponsorship Planning and Revenue Generation Boot Camps have helped hundreds of government, association and non-profit professionals launch successful programs and his Sponsorship Valuation Model (SponsorWise) sets the standard in Canada for value measurement.